Woodland Wizardry – April 2021
You’ve spent a year sitting inside looking at screens. It’s time to get back to life, back to reality, and importantly back outside. Whether you’re looking to get back to in touch with the natural world around you, practice valuable survival techniques, or develop practical life and bushcraft skills – we’ve got you covered.
For 2021 we have a new location to host courses that you have not seen before, a new team and a new box of tricks from which to teach you from. We are now based in the secluded Hambleden Valley, a few miles from Henley on Thames in a beautiful and expansive private estate.
Our next course takes place in 16th/17th/18th April
We are kicking off 2021 with a comprehensive weekend of bushcraft and survival beginning on Friday 16th April at 17:00 running through to 16:00 on Sunday 18th.
We meet at the free (and secure) private parking area and from there you will be driven into the woods by 4×4 vehicle and dropped off at our expedition style basecamp to spend your first night under the stars. The next morning you will wake to the smell of woodsmoke and coffee to begin learning how to live off grid, and get a feel for life in the woods.
Some of the topics and activities covered:
- Light fires
- Find and build shelters
- Sleep out comfortably under the stars
- Locate water and make it safe to drink
- Cook with fire
- Learn to use a bushcraft knife with skill
- Take control of a situation if you get lost
- Tell the time using the Sun
- Identify animal tracks and signs
- Organise your camp and kit for long term survival
- Identify the most useful plants and trees
- Tap into your connection with the forest
- Gain situational awareness to give you the edge over others
- Gain the knowledge to take control and overcome any obstacle
And loads of other hacks and tricks along the way.
This first weekend course is £150pp
To book your place contact us through the form below